Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tomato / cuc / scallion salad!

Today's lunch was an incredibly simple one inspired by my friend Rach (aka, Mama Fluffy). I was very surprised at how filling this was (I did make a lot of it, I guess) and flavorful at the same time. Throw it in a Gladware container and take it to work. Eat it with a little bit of hummus or something like that for protein if you'd like!

Half of a med-large cucumber, sliced; slices cut into halves
A nice big handful of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved down the center
2 green onions / scallions, both white and green parts, chopped
Rice vinegar (unseasoned); add a few dashes of white wine vinegar if you like tang like me :)
A little handful or so of crumbled feta
Salt and pepper to taste (I like a substantial amount of salt and pepper)

Mix up all the ingredients and enjoy!

No comments: