Thursday, June 5, 2008

A new twist on tuna salad!

This would be a terrific lunch to take to work, but we actually had it for dinner and it was still very satisfying! Next time I make it, I will skip the tuna in oil and opt for tuna in water instead--I'm sure it won't be as creamy, but there's a lot of olive oil in this recipe as is.

Grant thinks next time I make it, I should skip the olive oil entirely and use Miracle Whip light instead--it sounded a little crazy at first, but in all honesty I think with Miracle Whip it would just end up like a traditional tuna salad except improved. We both agree the kalamata olives, lemon juice, and herbs are what make this dish. I used both parley and basil, and skipped the bread--you can eat it on salad greens just as well. :)

Tuscan tuna and bean sandwiches

No comments: