Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fish with creamy leeks!

This is an Epicurious recipe for fish with creamy leeks. It was INCREDIBLY easy and quite tasty. I LOVE leeks and I'm always looking for new ways to cook with them, but next time I may try actually adding something in addition to the leeks. Not sure what.

I also used light sour cream and it was still great! I squeezed on a little fresh lemon juice, too. :) I didn't have halibut or cod, so I used relatively thin tilapia filets and cooked for just 6 or 7 minutes. I'm totally making this one again.

Edit: I notcied in the reviews of this recipe, a lot of people subbed vermouth or white wine for the second 1/3 cup of water. I think that would be really good. Also, if I were going to add more veggies, it would be little steamed red potatoes or carrots sliced thin, I think.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: